Emerald, the stone of successful love!
Emeralds are the traditional birthstone for May, so we at Silver Cove want to spread a little "successful love" ourselves by sharing some fun facts and information about this vibrant and popular Gemstone!
- Emeralds are a variety of the mineral Beryl that has been colored green by amounts of chromium, and occasionally, by vanadium.
- Beryl has a Mohs Hardness level of 7.5 to 8, making Emerald one of the hardest minerals on earth (Diamonds being a 10 on the Mohs Scale).
- The deeper the green color, the more valuable the Emerald; with pale green Emeralds being worth less than the darker ones.
- Emeralds are notorious for their "flaws" and high levels of inclusions. Some actually prefer an Emerald with flaws as it can be used to prove authenticity!
- Emeralds are known as the "Stone of Successful Love" because they are commonly associated with bringing domestic bliss and loyalty to a relationship or marriage.
And there we have 5 facts about Emeralds! Can't get enough of these gleaming green wonders? Why not check out some more Emeralds here!
Emerald, the Stone of Regeneration and Recovery, attracts the freshness and vitality in the wearer’s life. Read more on my blog https://nrampuria.com/emerald-known-for-effective-healing-properties/